Scholarships and Grants
1. ENTRANCE SCHOLARSHIPS
a. With Highest Honors: Senior High School students who graduated With Highest Honors with an average of 98.00% – 100% are granted a full-tuitional scholarship upon enrollment.
b. Fifty percent (50%) tuitional discount is granted to SHS graduates High Honors with an average of 95.00% – 97.99% and twenty five percent (25%) is granted to With Honors with an average of 90.00% – 94.99% of any recognized High School regardless of class size.
c. Applicants should submit a certification of their graduation honor and actual GWA (general weighted average) from the Senior High School Principal to the respective Deans.
d. Entrance scholarships may be extended for another semester if entrance scholars obtain a GWA of at least 87.00%, with no grade below 81% in any subject including NSTP, unremoved INC or unauthorized withdrawal.
2. SERVICE GRANTS
a. The President of the Student Central Council, the Editor-in-Chief of the Marian and the Corps Commander of the SMU ROTC Unit are given service grants in the form of full tuitional discount during the 1st semester of their tenure of office. Other officers are likewise given 25% tuitional discount. To qualify for the same privilege for the following semester, the service grantees should not have incurred unremoved INC, failing grades or unauthorized withdrawal during the previous semester and must have shown a high degree of commitment and performance as attested by the adviser(s) and the Dean of Student Affairs and Services (DSAS).
b. Upon the recommendation of the club adviser(s) and endorsement of the Dean of Student Affairs & Services to the Committee on Scholarship, Awards and Grants, the members of the SMU Artists’ Circle, SMU Band, SMU Choral Society and SMU Dance Troupe may be granted discount on tuition fees ranging from 10% to 100% depending on the evaluation of their academic performance, commitment and performance. The discounts start only on the second year of membership since the first year is considered as a probationary period. No discounts are given during the summer term. To qualify for discount for the succeeding semester, the members of performing groups should not have incurred failing grade, unremoved INC or unauthorized withdrawal during the previous semester/summer term.
c. Application Forms for these scholarships and Assistance Program are available at the DSAS Office (Room A-218, Administration Building)
d. Discount for Varsity players. Please refer to the Sports Development Coordinator for more information (2nd Floor, Tonus Gymnasium)
3. VARIOUS DISCOUNTS
The application for any of the following discount must be submitted to the Accounting Office upon registration/enrolment.
• A cash discount of 5% on the tuition fee is granted upon payment of all fees within the first week after the opening of classes.
• BIBAK discounts: Students who are members of good standing of the BIBAK organization may apply for BIBAK discount which ranges from 5% to 20% on tuition fees only. BIBAK discounts cannot be combined with other discounts, but the highest discount will prevail.
• Brothers and sisters in the University are granted a 10% discount on the tuition fees each, except during summer.
4. SCHOLARSHIPS FOR WORKING STUDENTS/STUDENT LIBRARIANS
Please refer to the Human Resources Development Office for more information (A202, Administration Building)
5. THE SAINT MARY’S UNIVERSITY – SCHOLARSHIP AND DEVELOPMENT FOUNDATION (SMU-SDF) GRANTS
• This Foundation grants different scholarships, grants-in-aid, and assistance to various projects of the University. Some scholarships have specific requirements and are known under the donor’s specific name, while the others are general SDF scholarships.
• For more information, proceed to the Office of the Vice President for Mission & Identity.
6. SOCIALIZED TUITION FEE PROGRAM (STFP)
Please refer to the Office of the Vice President for Finance & Treasurer for more
Information and Admissions Services (IAS)
1st Floor , Roger Tjolle Bldg.
Saint Mary’s University
Bayombong, Nueva Vizcaya